Wednesday, June 13, 2012

37

I don’t think
you deserve my complexity.
 
the roundness of the fat on my belly.
the sagging fatigue in my eyes.
the way I look and feel 1,000 years old
          when I wake up from the dose of death called a nap.
 
The squeeze in my shoulders of skin and flesh
against the sidelines of my chest.
My butt. Wrinkled and rough and beautiful.
No. I don’t think you deserve it.
 
You
are looking for
a manufactured female specimen,
straight from the test tube
in the lab whence you get off from work.
 
Not
a real woman.
just a silhouette, a spectre.
 
So you don’t deserve the way my tired breasts
heave up and down to accommodate my lungs in exhaustion.
The way the peripherals of my hips curve in at just the right angle.
The way saliva drips from my lips as I sleep.
 
No.
No you don’t.
 
So I keep on.
 
a poem by Sui Solitaire

1 comment:

  1. میری یه جایی می خونی ... ولی نمی تونی حرف بزنی ...
    بهش می گن سکوت ... ترجمه شده به .....

    ReplyDelete